UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, NIGERIA
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES 2011/2012 SESSION
The Human Resources Development Centre (HRDC) of the University of Lagos, on behalf of the School of Postgraduate Studies, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognized Institutions for admission into full-time, part-time and sandwich postgraduate programmes of the University leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters degrees by Coursework, and Master of Philosophy degrees as well as Doctor of Philosophy degrees in the 2011/2012 Session.
Qualifying Examinations for entry into the Masters Degree and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes respectively will be held in some Departments of the University of Lagos, Main Campus, and the College of Medicine, Idi-Araba as scheduled below:
Note: Direct admission to postgraduate programmes for qualified International candidates
Tuesday June 7, 2011
(1) Sandwich Programmes
Wednesday June 8, 2011
(1) M.Ed. Adult Education
(2) M.Ed. Educational Foundations
(3) M.Ed. Educational Administration and Planning
(4) PGD Educational Administration and Planning
(5) M.Ed. Human Kinetics and Health Education
(6) PGDE Postgraduate Diploma in Education.
(7) PGD Guidance and Counselling
(8) M.Ed. Arts & Social Science Education
(9) M.Ed. Science and Technology Education
Thursday June 9, 2011
(1) M.Sc. Physics,
PGD, Master in Applied Geology and Master in Applied Geophysics (MAG),
(3) M.Sc. Cell Biology and Genetics, Botany, Microbiology
(4) M.Sc. Marine Biology & Fisheries
(5) M.Sc. Chemistry, Analytical and Environmental Chemistry
(6) Environmental Management (PGD and Masters)
(7) M.Sc. & PGD Computer Science, Master of Information Technology (M.I.T.)
(8) M.Sc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management/M.Sc Parasitology & Bioinformatics
(9) M.Sc. Applied Entomology & Pest Management/M.Sc. Natural Resources Conservation.
(10) Master of Natural Resources Management (MNRM)
(11) M.Sc. Mathematics, Statistics
Friday June 10, 2011
(1) M.Sc. Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Operations Research, Operations and Production
Management and Organisational Behaviour
(2) M.Sc Finance & MBF
(3) M.Sc. Accounting, PGD'Accounting
M.Sc. Industrial Relations & Personnel Management & MILR
(5) M.Sc. Actuarial Science
Monday June 13, 2011
(1) M.Sc. Psychology and Masters in Managerial Psychology (MMP)
(2) M.Sc. Political Science
(3) M.P.A. Master of Public Administration - Full Time and Executive
(4) M.Sc. Geography
(5) M.Sc. Sociology (FT & PT)
(6) M.Sc. & P.G.D. Mass Communication
(7) MGIS Master of Geographic Information System
(8) Master in Transport Management and Planning
(9) M.Sc. & PGD Economics
Tuesday June 14, 2011
(1) PGD and M.A in Theatre Arts, Visual Arts and Music
(2) M.A. French, MTL, MTFFL.
(3) M.A. English (Language and Literature)
(4) M.A. Igbo, Yoruba
(5) M.A. History and Strategic Studies & M.D.D.S.
(6) PGD and M.A. Philosophy.
Friday June 17,2011
(1) Masters in International Law and Diplomacy (MILD)
(2) LL.M (FT/PT)
Monday June 20,2011
(1) M.Sc. & PGD Chemical Engineering
(2) M.Sc. Electrical/Electronics Engineering (Full-Time and Part-Time).
(3) M.Sc. Civil Engineering
(4) M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
(5) PGD & M.Sc Surveying and Geoinfomatics.
(6) Master of Geoinformatics
(7) Master of Process Engineering (MPE)
(8) PGD and M.Sc Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Tuesday June 21, 2011
(1) M.Sc. Anatomy.
(2) M.Sc.. Pharmacology
(3) M.Sc. Biochemistry.
(4) MPH Master in Public Health and M.Sc Public Health
(5) M.Sc. Haematology and Blood Transfusion.
(6) M.Sc. Clinical Pathology
(7) M.Sc. Medical Physics
(8) M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
(9) M.Sc. in Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
(10) M.Pharm. Master of Pharmacy
(11) M.Sc Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
(12) M.Sc. Pharmacognosy
(13) M.Sc. Physiology
(14) PGD Anaesthesia.
(15) M.Sc. Physiotherapy.
Wednesday June 22, 2011
(1) M.Sc. Construction Management/Construction Technology
(2) Master of Project Management (MPM)
(3) M.Arch.(Master of Architecture)
(4) P.G.D.E.D and Master of Environmental Design (M.E.D.)
(5) M.Sc. Estate Management
(6) Master in Landscape Architecture
(7) M.Sc. Urban and Regional Planning
(8) Master in Urban and Regional Planning (MURP).
(9) Master in Urban Design.
(10) Master of Facilities Management
(11) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Building Services
Saturday June 25, 2011
M.B.A. (Full-Time / Part-Time) and Executive.
Saturday July 2nd,2011
(1) MPIA Master in Public and International Affairs.
(i) Candidates for the Qualifying examinations are required to bring their Photo Cards with them to the Examination
Venue without which they will not be allowed to sit for the Examination.
(ii) Those Awaiting Results of their first degree programmes are not Eligible to apply.
(iii) Part-Payment of school fees will not be allowed for full academic programmes.
(iv) Deferment of admissions will only be entertained for genuine reasons.
(v)The School, abridged prospectus can be purchased at the rate of N2,000.00 at the designated Banks.
(vi) Satellite, out-Reach/Affiliation Campuses Certificates/Transcript will NOT be accepted for admission.
(vii) Candidates who have not completed the NYSC assignments or their current postgraduate programmes need not apply. Such candidates will automatically be disqualified.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
(a) The application fee for all Postgraduate Programmes is N10.000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) and N2,000.00 (Two Thousand Naira) for the SPGS Abridged Prospectus. These amounts exclude bank charges payable in cash at the following Banks.
(A) WEMA BANK PLC (See underlisted Branches)
(B) INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC, (See underlisted Branches)
Ligali Ayorinde V.I,
Trans Amadi Port Harcourt,
(C) ECOBANK PLC, (See underlisted Branches)
Wharf Road Apapa,
and Allen Avenue, Ikeja
Sale of Application Forms will commence as from Monday, 21st March, 2011.
Sale of Application Forms will close on Friday 31st May, 2011. After this date, there will be no further sale of forms under any circumstances.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms are to be submitted on-line not later than Friday 31st May, 2011.
Hard copies of the Application Forms with credentials are to be submitted in the respective departments.
For further information, please contact: Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, Tel. No. 8902566 or 01-7403307 or Email: email@example.com or visit SPGS website www.unilagspgs.edu.ng
OLUWAROTIMI A. SHODIMU Esq.
Registrar and Secretary to Council